CEREC Same-Day Crowns in Naples
Crowns in just one visit are possible at Galleria Dentistry. With CEREC, or chairside economical restoration of esthetic ceramics, your dentist in Naples uses CAD/CAM technology and an in-house milling machine to prepare for, manufacture, and place your crown -- all from the comfort of our state-of-the-art office. Learn more about the process from Dr. Gery Benza, Dr. Anthony Benza, and Dr. Chelsea Benza today.
How the CEREC Process Works
Traditionally, a dental crown requires two visits to the dentist with the use of a temporary crown worn in the time between appointments. The temporary crown is not customized to match the rest of the smile, however, and is also prone to breaking.
With the CEREC method, your permanent, sturdy crown is completed in just one appointment (hence the name “same-day crown”).
Here’s how the procedure for a crown works with CEREC.
- First, your dentist will administer local anesthesia and/or sedation as desired for comfort.
- Any decay and/or defective fillings are removed from the tooth.
- The tooth is reshaped to make room for the crown.
- Digital, 3D images are captured of the tooth.
- A model of your crown is drawn and entered into the CEREC milling machine.
- Your crown is created in manufactured from a single block of ceramic.
After your crown is ready -- a process that takes less than half an hour -- your dentist will check to make sure it fits, feels, and looks just like it should. Last-minute adjustments are made before the crown is securely bonded onto the affected tooth.
Advantages of CEREC Same-Day Crowns
How does CEREC benefit you? Some of the most common advantages of choosing the same-day method are listed below. Which one will you enjoy most?
- CEREC saves you time and vacation/sick days.
- Digital images erase the need for messy, uncomfortable traditional impressions.
- The 3D image is highly accurate, improving treatment planning for a better-fitting crown.
- CEREC crowns are highly customizable to match the shade of your surrounding teeth.
Most people who need a crown are good candidates for the CEREC treatment. A dental crown is the chosen restoration for repairing teeth that are broken, decayed, weak, worn, or cosmetically flawed. CEREC crowns look just like the natural teeth, so they are an excellent option for fixing damage anywhere in the smile.
Caring for Your New Dental Crown
Just like a traditional crown, when properly maintained, your CEREC crown can be expected to last for many years. Brush, floss, and spend a little time on the area at the base of your crown to keep the teeth and gums surrounding it healthy. If you start to notice your crown loosening or if it falls off, contact your dentist immediately for repair.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
Do you have a faulty filling or decay that needs a dental crown? With current technology, there’s no need to wait two or more weeks for the entire treatment. Same day crowns are possible with CEREC from Galleria Dentistry! Please contact us to schedule an appointment with your dentist in 34109 today.